In a world where your ties and relationships are all you have while the world burns around you, what do you do when those ties start to unravel? Telltale Games attempts to show us just what happens in the form of The Walking Dead Episode 3: Long Road Ahead. As the story unfolds farther, Telltale’s ability to weave a compelling and provoking story as well as breathe new life into the point-and-click adventure genre continues to shine brightly. While Telltale still seems hell bent on not correcting some of the tiny glitches that were identified in the previous two episodes of their The Walking Dead series, they also continue to cover those splotches up with an engrossing story and complimentary gameplay. What we get this time around is a continuation of the path the series has been going down. Your choices are getting more important and more impactful, emotions are running higher, the story is getting darker, the suspense is building, and the action is heating up.
On the other hand, the puzzles are all but disappearing as they were in the last episode, leaving simple fetch-like segments and extremely obvious “puzzles” (Need to get through that door? The window is open. Let’s go through it. Need to cut through metal? Here’s a torch, etc.). While the lack of puzzles don’t exactly make the game less appealing, it is a little sad to not have to rack your brain at any point for a solution. Granted, it does move the suspense and the thrills along much faster.
A continuing story of adventure horror spanning across 5 episodes:
Episode 1 – A New Day
Episode 2 – Starved for Help
Episode 3 – Long Road Ahead
Episode 4 – Around Every Corner
Episode 5 – No Time Left
- Based on Robert Kirkman’s Eisner-Award winning comic book series, The Walking Dead allows gamers to experience the true horror of the zombie apocalypse
- A tailored game experience – Live with the profound and lasting consequences of the decisions that you make in each episode. Your actions and choices will affect how your story plays out across the entire series.
- Experience events, meet people and visit locations that foreshadow the story of Deputy Sheriff Rick Grimes
- Meet Glenn before he heads to Atlanta, explore Hershel’s farm before Rick and his group of survivors arrive and before the barn becomes a notorious location in Walking Dead lore
- You’ll be forced to make decisions that are not only difficult, but that will require you to make an almost immediate choice. There’s no time to ponder when the undead are pounding the door down!
- An Adventure Horror game of 5 monthly episodes. Features meaningful decision-making, exploration, problem solving and a constant fight for survival in a world overrun by the undead
- Artwork inspired by the original comic books