For the first time ever, players can create pets for their Sims to love, train, play with and take to the park. Create-a-Pet allows players to mix, match and create the perfect dog or cat for their Sim. Labradoodle? Shnoodle? Puggle? Choose breeds and customize your pets. Put your pets to work in a variety of different careers including Show Business, Security and Service. Hang out in Central Park, the community center where you can interact with other Sims while shopping for various pets accessories. Play "doc" as your run the town Pet Care Center! Gain status based on your Sims pet care skills, from performing examinations to healing, playing and training.
- Choose from dozens of dog and cat breeds or customize features for a one-of-a-kind pet. You can even modify your pet’s body shape by choosing from specific colours and unique markings.
- Change their personality – from smart and sweet to silly and sloppy.
- Your Sims can encourage and discipline pets, training them to shake, roll over, play dead, and more.
- Create and control digital characters over a lifetime, setting their goals in life from popularity and romance, to fortune and family– their stories are in your hands.
- Use special codes to share unlockable pet accessories, fur types or markings with other The Sims 2 Pets players.
- Create a designer breed: Your Sims pets have genetics, allowing you to create the latest designer pet, including popular hybrid breeds like the Labradoodle, Puggle and Schnoodle. Register them to appear in Create-A-Pet as a unique pedigree.
- Skilled pets can earn a living from three career tracks – Show Business, Security, and Service – and work their way up through five job levels.