Taking a step away from how Harvest Moon is traditionally played, Save the Homeland was a little different primarily because the focus was off farming and on relationship building. It offered a fresh story, a beautiful cel-shaded look, and a brand new cast of characters. You could only raise a few crops and animals, but the villagers have a lot more to say, and several events occur. There are 9 different endings in the game, your goal as you play through it is to try and complete all of these endings. For one reason or another, Save the Homeland is the least popular and least liked game by Harvest Moon fans.
- Try and save your homeland from becoming an amusement park
- Over 20 fresh faces to become friends with
- Raise cows, chickens, a dog and a horse
- Grow up to 4 different types of crops
- Enjoy a brand new 3D cel-shaded look