FaceRig is a program enabling anyone with a webcam to digitally embody awesome characters. It is meant to be an open creation platform so everybody can make their own characters, backgrounds or props and import them into FaceRig.
- Real time head and expression tracking in an input video stream, (also with audio analysis).
- Combining tracked data with additional virtual puppeteering input.
- On-the-fly animation re-targeting for the tracked data and applying the animation on a user selected 3d model, with audio processing (voice alteration)
- Rendering and lighting the animated model in real time, in a user selected background.
- Encoding the rendered video and sending it further as output from a virtual webcam (it basically intercepts webcam input, and swaps the images captured by your real webcam with the fantastic content before sending it further).
- Provide the interface for tuning the parameters of all operations above.
- Customizable avatars
- Open creation platform: you can make your own models (outside of FaceRig), import and use them as your avatars. The models need to be created according to a set of published specs.